Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm really terrible at Blogging

Nothing much exciting here

Still unpacking, and settling in. It's a process. This apartment makes my mood swing wildly about at times. I like a clean place, but I'm not horribly fussy about "tidy". Example: I hate having dishes in the sink, or an unvacuumed carpet, but I don't mind a neatly stacked pile of books, or a shelf full of knick-knacks.
However, one thing I cannot stand is bugs. Ugh. I don't mind bugs outside, because that is where they belong. They don't belong in my home though!
And we have an ant problem. A horrible, ugly, disgusting ant problem. They're the tiniest ants I've ever seen, about the size of three grains of sugar. And they're driving me mad! I'm frustrated all the time. They even got into my freezer! Of course they all died immediately, but still I had to pull everything out, bleach the inside, check all the food to be sure it was all still ant free (it was, I mean, really... it's all wrapped in there, right?).

Plus, almost a month here and my dishwasher is still broken. Ugh.


Noah's Ark

On Wednesday, the 27th of June, I ran away from all the chaos here, and stayed all day at Noah's Ark. If you've never been to the Wisconsin Dells, it's a giant waterpark. Oh man, I loved it so much. I really needed to have a few more days of that. Not the high priced food, or the ridiculous souvenirs, but the warm sun, clean water, and getting to float around on a tube while I chat inanely with a friend. I feel like I don't get to decompress very much, which is quite honestly my own fault in many ways, as I have a hard time relaxing. It would be nice though to have more time for fun.

Housewarming!

This weekend we're having a small housewarming party. I say small because no one has RSVP'd, so it might be just the three of us that live here, and my sister-in-law. But on the other hand, everyone might show up unannounced! We'll see.
I have the living room/computer area, hallway and bathroom painted. The kitchen is a god awful color, but it's going to have to stay that way just now.
I have photos!
The photos aren't the best, by the way, because the lighting is really bad, and I was too lazy to do anything about it. Sorry.


The color is "rainforest fern" and Data goes well with it.

The bathroom color is my favorite, so I'm trying to think of excuses to use the color elsewhere in our apartment. It's called "peacock blue" and it's... bold.


Bold like a PEACOCK! AMIRIGHT?
The kitchen will probably end up a light green. Something that compliments our living room. Our bedroom will probably end up a light russet color of some sort, since all of our bed linens are in shades that vary from copper to chocolate.

People More Interesting Than Myself!

If you're still reading at this point, WOW! I am SO sorry. This entry has been really boring and long, so I'm going to reward you with super awesome links.

I read a number of blogs, most of them by complete strangers, but a couple of my good friends also write blogs. They are all funnier, and more talented than I am. More interesting too, while I'm being honest.

http://sarahfoundkorea.blogspot.kr
My friend Sarah is from the U.S., speaks French fluently, and is teaching English in South Korea currently. She started a blog to chronicle the crazy ups and downs of being a sarcastic female in a foreign land.


http://keiross.com/ 
One of my dearest friends, he happens to also be a pretty funny guy. He and I don't get to talk every day, or even see each other very often currently, but it's always as if no time has passed at all when we do. He moved from the UK to Germany for work, and now he's blogging the schnitzel out of Berlin. 

8 comments:

  1. two words: boric powder.

    I works the charm on roaches. Imagine it does the same for ants and all crawlies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try that out. I hate these little bastards. They got into my peanut butter! *shake fist at the sky*

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the peacock blue! I'm pretty sure it could have been peacock green, peacock purple, or peacock saffron, and I would still like it. Basically anything involving peacocks rocks.

    When we bought our house, we were so broke that we bought a discounted tub of paint called "Dried Sage" and proceeded to paint the man cave, hallway, living room and mud room that colour. Our house basically looks like the inside was dipped in a cheap spice cupboard.
    Also, your Berlin friend is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're painting one room at a time because we're sort of broke. Next one is the kitchen since it is a truly wretched color.

      He's hysterical! I'll go find a photo of us, I have some really goofy ones somewhere.

      Delete
  3. Those are great colors! I'm about to repaint and the choosing of colors is the most maddening part

    We used boric acid with sugar ants too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choosing the colors is so hard! You want to be able to look at it for a long time, so you're so careful, but in my case I also wanted to be a little bold.

      I found that Glidden's color visualizer helped me out a lot.

      http://www.glidden.com/color/color-visualizer.do

      Delete
  4. Hi there, I stumbled across your blog just now and glad I did. I'm following you now and would love for you to follow my blog too. I'm at www.hollishootsandhollers.com Next month is my year anniversary for blog and I still have lots to learn. Do you miss San Fran? I'm a Harley girl so Wisconsin isn't too bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy to have you here. :D I'll go check your blog out now. :)

      I do miss San Fran sometimes, because the Midwest is a whole different world in some ways. But I do love living here.

      Well, maybe not right this second... It's 6pm and still 100F outside.

      Delete